12.04.2005

change comes eventually

it's amazing how often we get caught up in ourselves. i have recently been spending my time journaling in a tangible book. since i do not personally own a computer, it is difficult for me to make time to write online. I had the opportunity to spend thanksgiving with my childhood best friend. It turns out that i had not seen her in a year and a half. sometimes life flies by so fast that i barely have time to enjoy it. i love my apartment, my community, my job...but it is so easy for me to forget my past. i have gotten lazy. i want to remember how to engage my whole self, past and present. it was amazing to revisit familiar people and places. it also made me a little sad, knowing that i can never go back. it was like trying to climb back into the womb. i dont fit anymore. good memories. the thing is that I have changed. not drastically, not too much, but just enough to notice. i suppose it is all part of life. sometimes i wish things could stay the same, but i know i would be dissatisfied if they did. after winter must come spring...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home