3.05.2006

water to my soul

there is something life-giving to me about losing myself in a club with wall to wall people. i spent last night at an amazing show. i love being right up at the edge of the stage close enough that i could touch the musicians if i simply reached out my hand. I feel a deep connection with the people around me--the music as the connective tissue. often i enjoy going to a show with a friend, but there are times when i want to listen to the music alone or at least with people i do not know. because for those moments, the only common ground is the music itself. i want to completely immerse myself in it, riding the wave, allowing it to move me. sometimes if i am around people i know it can distract me from the full experience. but it can depend on the type of music. i prefer listening to singer-songwriters in the comfort of a closely knit community. music is an incredibly powerful medium. it affects me in so many different ways. i suppose that is why i love it so much. it allows me to express the full range of my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home