5.04.2006

CALIFORNIA (knows how to party)

and by california, i clearly mean D.C. It was a week of celebration with new and old friends. i find that i am starting to get excited about the shape my life path is taking. anticipation is a really funny feeling. it is terrifying and calming all at the same time. my summer is pretty much all sorted out, what with weddings to go to (and plan) and driftings toward the BIG MOVE. the move to a much different and much bigger city, the move into a different social group, the move into living life with someone, the move further out of fears and into freedom. change is something that i have historically struggled with. it is extraodinarily uncomfortable for me and my body tends to physically resist it. and so it begins. i can tell because i have gone to yoga twice in the past twelve hours and still feel tension in my shoulders and neck. My body, much like my life, is being simultaneously settled and stretched. i am learning new physical and spiritual postures. my muscles and my heart are finding greater balance as i press in deeper to the source. my brain is often stuck in a frenzied gear. yoga has been wonderful because it provides a place for me to be more disciplined and pay attention to what i am doing with my mind and my body. my most focused times of prayer are during yoga. through the undertaking of these new patterns i find my whole self becomes more grounded. it has been sprititually fruitful for me to meditate on christ or a particular passage as my body and mind align with my breath flow. it is a relief, to be quite honest. i get so easily distracted otherwise. i have a lot of trouble being still. so my spiritual stillness before god is most focused when the rest of me does the same. i really did not intend to blog about yoga, but i got in my car at 6:40am to attend a yoga class. it was a great way to begin my day. the real point of this post was to say that i am looking forward to my life. i love to think about all the possibilities that await me in D.C. this is going to be a great year. i can feel it. literally.

1 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger Suz said...

I love that you're so happy. It makes me happy too. I like yoga as well even though I've not done it much.
You have so much to look forward to.
Love to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home