1.09.2007

it's done.


tomorrow morning i am going to the post office to put my cd in the mail. i feel marginally exhilarated and subtly terrified. what if something goes drastically wrong? what if the images for the cd art are formatted incorrectly? what if the song order gets switched? what if the whole project explodes in a freak gasoline fight accident? (hey, it could happen.) the anticipation has built up too much! it will be a few weeks until i get the finished product...in the meantime, i better start brushing up on my rusting guitar skills. i haven't really played in months. like back before i started working on the album. like before august. seriously.

at the same time, i think this new cd is something i can stand behind and feel proud. hopefully i will still feel that way in a few years. i remember being really excited about my first cd. a few months later i felt only so-so towards it. the plus side is that the songs on my new album are better than the ones on that last cd. ("what are you talking about?" noah said to me last night. "that last one is spectacular!" hmmm. to each his own. but thanks for the nice thought.) i'm hoping to just keep right on liking this new one forever.

i suppose it's a good thing not to stay stuck in one position for too long, especially with music. AND it is nice to look back and see how my writing has changed and deepened.

stay tuned.



it won't be long now.

5 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Jersey said...

brush up on guitar skills? hah. i'm ten years behind you and i haven't played since before august either.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Suz said...

I am so excited. I can't wait to hear it!

PS your nephew is quite the heartbreaker.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Elicia said...

Yeah Kat! I can't wait to hear it!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger A. said...

you KNOW what this means to me. thank God i'll have more music to take with me, should i ever get stuck on that theoretical desert island.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Peter Cava said...

Which one of us is wise, and which one is up?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home