2.27.2007

My Car


this is a picture of a car identical to my own. it is not my actual car. my actual car has never been against such a stunning backdrop.

let me now tell you a little story about my actual car.

as you may recall, my car and i have gotten into several disagreements over the last year. last night, as i was driving home, the loud "ding" of the engine light jolted me into fight-or-flight mode. i pulled over. turned off my car. waited a few moments. restarted the car. on came the engine light.

now, as some of you may well know, i am not a big risk taker. but i also really hate having to call AAA. i decided to risk it and drove the remaining two blocks to the mechanic's lot (the SAME MECHANIC my car broke right outside of a few weeks ago. providence is on my side).

anyway, i called ian and emily and asked them to pick me up so that i would not have to walk home in the dead of night. they agreed.

i forgot to leave my key in the drop box because i was tired and it was late and i had not been planning on going to the mechanic's. this morning i walked back to the mechanic and gave him my key.


he called not too long ago and gave me the estimate. it isn't too bad. it's a computer board issue, not a major engine issue. i should have the car back before too long. and honestly? i really just need the car to keep working for another 8 weeks. just until the move. then i can go from there.


immediate ramification of car in shop? i am not at work. i can piddle around the house. i have no plans.

sometimes i think god gives me minor "set backs" with my car so that i have a forced day of rest. on occasion, it is needed. i just wish it did not cost money...

on some level it must be good for me. i can never get too comfy, too secure.

1 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Blogger Rehj said...

:D
YOUR BEAUTIFULL
Be well my friend!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home