8.24.2007

I have a *plan*.

tentatively, that is. bear in mind that I'm marginally depressed and in the midst of life-plan-formage.






here's the scoop: I want to go to grad school for composition. you may be asking yourself why it has taken me several years to "come up with" this *bright idea*. Fear of the unknown, folks...fear of the unknown. A masters in special ed just sounds so...so practical. i say, "fie on practicality! bring on the overwhelm-th!"



I notice that I've felt rather pluggy lately. pluggy and blorpish. traditional vocabulary is not striking a chord in me today, so please pardon this shameless splidmackering of the English language. A friend of mine (namely J. Zook) recently coined the word obstretched to describe being spread thin like too little jam on the bread of life. "bread" as in bread is to life as jam is to julie.

anyway, i thought the word was great. As you most likely know, shakespeare got away with inventing words all the time. it's quite liberating in a way...


i am exhausted. goodnight.

2 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I´m teaching a freshman composition class right now (actually have to leave in about 10 minutes for it), and I'm loving it. It's nice not to have to focus completely on grammar and mechanics and instead focus on the art of rhetoric and getting ideas out of your head and onto the page.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Ian Luke Kane said...

For a few brief moments I thought that your plan involved the creation of a a physical object that would be capable of generating light by means of electricity. It appeared that you were going to name said invention "light bulb".

I, for one, can imagine many practical uses for such an item. Perhaps we should market it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home