6.22.2007

she's back.

yesterday morning i received the greatest phone message in the history of phone messages. it was a message from my fabulous friend, diana, telling me she was back in the states after spending one million years in italy as an opera singer. actually, all she said was, "IIIII"m baaaaaaaaaaaaack!" and she was merely gone for a month or so...it only felt like one million years.


i returned her call immediately and was surprised to discover a giant wave of emotion flooding over me. i had no idea that her absense had affected me that profoundly. i wanted to shout "don't ever leave me again" but (thankfully) realized that this was completely unreasonable and ridiculous seeing as we live in different states and see each other no more than twice a year. if we're lucky.


but we chat on a nearly daily basis. even though i was not entirely conscious of it at the time, it nearly killed me to not be able to talk to her whenever anything happened in my life. it's good to have her back. now i can call her seventeen times a day and demand that my calls be prioritized over everything else. just like the good ol' days.

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger greensing said...

this is so touching! you're a mere shell of a woman without me, o'leary, let's face it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home