11.28.2006

beauty

on friday i am headed to GCC to see my sister's dance performance. she choreographed imogen heap's hide and seek. it will be so beautiful. i love seeing how my sister's gifts have matured.

if you would have asked me at age fifteen where i thought i would be in ten years, i highly doubt i would have predicted accurately. and yet, there are some things that i have always "known". for example, when i was younger i felt awkward and uncomfortable around people with disabilities. but at the same time i had this feeling that when i grew up i would have kids with disabilities and that i would love them fiercely. i felt totally ill-equipped and unprepared to handle it, but that was because i was not ready yet. i knew that i would be ready when the time came.


well as it turns out, i somehow fell into a job that i absolutely love. and in a way, god has given me those children. i've also always "known" that i would adopt. again, that idea scares me. i don't feel ready, but i don't have to be. not yet.

it still makes me wonder what the future holds.

No man can know where he is going unless he knows exactly where he has been and exactly how he arrived at his present place. -Maya Angelou

1 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger greensing said...

oh i wish i could see that dance! that song sinks into me.

i really admire the woman you've become, friend. and it's very reassuring to me that we're going to continue to grow up together.

see you in four days. eep!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home