4.06.2007

so sad

yesterday was one of the harder days i've had in pittsburgh. I don't talk very much on my blog about my job due to confidentiality issues...but i happen to have worked with the same little boy for two and a half years. in fact, being around this great kid has been the only consistent and stable thing about my life in the burgh. well, yesterday i had to say goodbye to him. we've been talking about times when it is socially appropriate to cry and about how to control your emotions...

anyway, last night i said goodbye to him, maybe for the last time. i don't think i can adequately describe how painful this was for me. we walked down the hall and i said "well, this is goodbye" (which was probably less than helpful of me, but i was just sad.) he asked me if we could do a really huge hug. naturally i said yes, and several tears rolled down my face. so then he asked if it was one of those times where it was appropriate to cry. i said that it was one of the most natural times to be sad and cry. he gave me a giant hug and then pulled his hoodie down over his face. he didn't really make eye contact with me again.

i told him easter was a time for new beginnings and fresh starts; how it was exciting to see what would come next, blah blah. he thought about it for a minute before saying, "well i'm still pretty sad."



then his mom came and they drove away. i sat on the floor and cried for about five minutes.






i honestly do not know when i will see him again.


i feel like i just lost a friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home