8.24.2007

"I see now that what begins as a dream can end in a nightmare"

Oi! so much for communication. my friend just told me via comment on my last post that he is teaching composition. i was confused for a moment...then i realized he was talking about REAL composition. I, however, was referring to my desire to get a master's degree in MUSICal composition. which is equally real. the fault of this grave misunderstanding lies entirely with me. i spent most of the post talking about how i like to invent my own words--of course it would seem like i wanted to study the composition of the written word. alas, it is not so.




all i can say is that i hope people like my music.








ps the title of this post is a direct quote from the early '80's movie version of the scarlet pimpernel starring jane seymour. yes. the jane from dr. quin medicine woman, that historically accurate and uncannily honest TV mini-series representation of the Western Frontier: the place where clothing was surprisingly clean, women were treated as equal, and people of all nationalities were welcomed with open arms, tolerance, and understanding. we all know that's how it really was in the old west.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

You see, this is why I love you, because that is totally one of my favorite movies and no one, NO ONE, has seen it!

Let's talk soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home