3.28.2008

one more thing.

At the advent of spring each year I manage to re-read my entire blog. it's an interesting exercise in self-reflection. I am astonished again and again by the circumstances and people that god (in his great wisdom and sovereignty) sets before me. It's like a grand feast; some parts are bitter, others sweet. The bitterness is always tempered by his goodness and mercy.


I enjoy expensive food. It can be rich and exquisite...but like fine wine, there are things that require an acquisition of taste for such things. I suppose what I mean to say is that I am developing my taste for the things of God. They are far richer than what I can fathom. so much so, in fact, that I border on dislike.


I do believe, however, that I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. In this, the season of the Resurrection(!), I will seek the face of the Risen Lord. I seek him only because He seeks me...to paraphrase the psalms, my prayer for this season is that I may taste and see that the Lord is good. Lord, be my strength and my refuge!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home