6.14.2007

judging books by their covers...

there are loads of books with terrible cover art. my fourth grade reading teacher actually removed the front cover from every paperback in the classroom to encourage us to use our imaginations.

what a fantastic idea.

several months ago i loaned a book to a friend. i asked him please, for the love of all that is good, kindly disregard the shoddy cover image passing itself off as "art".

apparently, this was asking the impossible. he never read the book.





it just goes to show how impressionable we all are. sigh. the book was a good one, too.

1 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger A. said...

Um, I am ashamed to say that I am overly influenced by cover art. To the point that when I tried to borrow some summer reading material from the library yesterday, and couldn't find one madeline l'engle book with a cover I liked... I GOT A MAGAZINE INSTEAD. Can you believe that?!

There is no excuse for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home