9.06.2006

the bane of my life

I am not sure if it has to do with the sudden change in barometric pressure (or if we are just being punished by Pluto, the wealthy Greek god of the underworld for telling him he can't have a planet anymore), but over the past few days my roommate and i have killed several gigantic black hairy flies that are somehow finding their way into our home. i think they might be magical flies. or just evil spirits. either way, they are most seriously disgusting and loud. I had a battle to the death with one yesterday morning before work. it involved the fly with his magical buzzing weapon and me with my bottle of "Bug Off" spray. i used it like a laser. i fired my weapon over and over again until i was completely sure this fly would no longer torment me. as far as this little bugger was concerned, i was using a fire hose. then i killed three more in my room last night over the course of the evening. i nearly killed myself in the process because i tried to climb up on my dresser to reach one of the flies with my flipflop in hand and managed to knock a bunch of stuff on to the floor. two points for the fly. but in the end i was victorious. but really folks, at this point the flies are about the last straw. you know, the one that broke the camel's back. i sort of went balistic. well, enjoy your day, everyone. i'm off to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home