9.13.2006

busy busy

my schedule is different this year. last year i worked 6 days a week so my hours were spread out nicely. this time around, my schedule starts a little later in the morning and goes til 7:30pm three days a week. this means i don't get home til after 8. Given me an hour to debrief from the day and then i'm ready to start my evening. what???? by that point i just want to put on PJs, read a book and curl up in my bed.

the one good thing is that (after September 23) i will have free weekends. this my not sound like a big deal, but for me it is HUGE. it means i can 1) travel 2) travel 3) sit around 4) make fun plans with PEOPLE 5) travel. who knows? maybe i can fly home for a weekend or two. it is likely that my sister and her family will be moving to Africa by next summer, so i want to grab every opportunity to see them (esp my niece) before they leave.

in other news, i set off the smoke detector when i made eggs this morning. no joke. now my home is slightly hazy.

In any case, the point is that i have these strange leisurely mornings and then i GO GO GO until well past dark. I was used to having my leisure time in late afternoon/early evening. i could run errands etc.

ah, well. just another transition to add to the ever-expanding list.

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger Peter Cava said...

Speaking of busy--besides my four hundred pages of reading a week, and classes, and oh yeah my JOB, I realized that I have three papers due the week after I want to come visit you. And I have several papers to write before then as well. Soooo . . . we'll see how that goes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home