9.06.2006

it's all right.

the funny thing about my life is that i really will be ok. i know it. i'm just afraid of becoming callous. i guard against this by listening to good music and supplementing Book of Common Prayer scripture readings with classic novels and various works by Madeleine L'Engle. Toss in an occasional piece by Flannery O'Conner or Anne Lamott and you've got the perfect recipe for a Kathryn O'Leary heart softener. I've been pretty careful this week to spend a lot of time reading and thinking. it gives me things to meditate on during the day. I just finished A House Like a Lotus and am in the middle of An Acceptable Time. I have not read them in years. i must say, i feel quite refreshed.


...and yet, it still just doesn't take the edge off.



1 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Peter Cava said...

A House Like a Lotus is one of my favorite novels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home